Turmeric is one of the most powerful healing plants of nature.
India is the largest producer of turmeric powder, and the world’s largest consumer of this herbal powder.
Turmeric is the ingredient in curry that gives a bright yellow. The curry is a combination of turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg, coriander, cloves, ginger and chilli … and more.
For its many properties is used in India for at least 5,000 years, as a medicine, spice and even dye.
The name comes from the word Kour Koum (Persian-Indian), which means saffron, because the Turmeric is also known as Indian saffron.
The roots, which are part of the plant that contains the active ingredients or drugs, are boiled for several hours and dried in large ovens, after which they are crushed to obtain a yellow-orange powder that is commonly used as a spice in cuisine of South Asia. From the same plant is obtained curcumin, yellow substance used in dyeing and in chemistry.
Here are the reasons to add turmeric to your diet:
* Turmeric prevents the free radical activity and therefore acts as an antioxidant by counteracting the negative effects of the radicals not only on the skin (skin aging), but also on the liver, stomach and intestine.
* Strengthens the immune system.
* It purifies the body (liver and intestine in particular), as well as healing and disinfectant and therefore it is common in the East, the use of turmeric to heal wounds and burns.
* Turmeric is a blood purifier, a tip is a teaspoon of turmeric in hot water becomes a purifying herbal tea.
* It is a natural liver detoxifier.
* It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
* It is a natural pain reliever
* When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer or to block its growth.
* It can prevent melanoma
* Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
* They can prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease, eliminating the buildup of plaque in the brain amyloyd.
* Combats constipation
* Regulates menstrual flow
* Reduces cholesterol and diabetes
* An anti-inflammatory, used in the treatment of psoriasis. Curcumin is the active ingredient that inhibits the growth of flakes of skin that lead to psoriasis
* It is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
* Helps eliminate metals from the body.
* Turmeric activates the metabolism while maintaining the stability of body weight. It helps to burn calories.
* It has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.
* Increases the effects of chemo drug paclitaxel and reduces side effects.
* Accelerates wound healing and promotes the renewal of damaged skin.
* Can be used on burns.
How to eat it and in what doses?
Turmeric is consumed trying to integrate it in our daily diet. The ideal amount is about 2 teaspoons per day, to be distributed on food for flavor, but also in sauces, yogurt or drink. It is important to remember that turmeric should be taken together with black pepper or green tea to facilitate absorption. Not only that. Also the combination with some fat, like olive oil, butter, or whatever, facilitates the absorption of turmeric.
The oil of turmeric may be used to replace the olive oil in all its uses; brings benefits to the metabolism of the liver and fats in general.
In health condition, turmeric is safe and no special effects. However, in the case of diseases or disorders, such as obstruction of the biliary tract, turmeric should be taken after consulting your doctor. Similar advice applies if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
For the anticoagulant effect of turmeric, you must take care to administer to people with problems related to blood clotting.
Despite the effects of gastro-protective, excessive doses of turmeric can cause gastric disorders. In case of the occurrence of such disorders is advisable to reduce the dose or stop taking.
Among its properties are not negligible, turmeric has antioxidant effects (curcumin), to make it optimally effective in anti-wrinkle treatments. Can be use as ingredient of many home remedies for wrinkles.
Also it is used in the treatment dandruff and sebum-regulator.
Consequently, it is also excellent as a cosmetic product to cleanse the pores of the skin, regulating excess sebum in oily skin with acne and, in the case of dermatitis, itching, inflammation, insect bites, strengthens nails and hair. In the treatment of psoriasis, turmeric has given very good results in a short time and without any side effects.
“Turmeric is used in cosmetics by Indian women to get rid of unwanted hair and as an antimicrobial. The turmeric paste is used extensively in Ayurveda that as a home remedy to moisturize and maintain healthy skin and as an anti-aging effect. Turmeric is used in the treatment of very beauty of the brides before the wedding in India, Nepal, Bangladesh, and Pakistan. Spread of turmeric mixed with water on the skin serves to improve the health of the skin and to enhance your tan while protecting the skin from harmful solar radiation. ”
For skin always young and prevent wrinkles is necessary once or twice a week to prepare a turmeric facial mask.
You have to prepare a paste that choice can be more or less adherent to the skin depending on whether you choose to use clay or chickpea flour.
The ingredients are:
half a teaspoon of turmeric powder
2 teaspoons of powdered sandalwood
2 teaspoons of almond oil
two tablespoons of chickpea flour or clay
In a bowl, mix the turmeric, chickpea flour or clay the sandalwood powder and sweet almond oil and add to the mixture a bit of water to obtain a paste. Apply on face and leave for 10-15 minutes. Rub well with both hands on the skin with light pressure and remove the wrap rinsing with cold water.
Be careful not to increase the dose of turmeric as it does not you will find yourself in a shorter time with younger looking skin but you risk rather end up with the skin color.
Mask for Acne: turmeric + lemon + clay.
Exfoliating of turmeric 1 teaspoon of turmeric + 1 of honey. Apply on face and massage, leave on for two or three minutes and rinse with warm water. See more homemade face mask visit our link provided
If you would like to get more info about natural health and beauty tips daily, you can subscribe to our blog or click LIKE our fan page on the sidebar so you won’t miss our good stuffs in the future.